Hi, I’m Jacqueline!
I had my daughter, Alice, in 2016. I didn’t know where to begin looking for maternity clothes other than my list of simple criteria, at least I thought it was simple. I was looking for clothing that was flattering and comfortable and I also wanted high-quality items that would last through multiple pregnancies. I had many frustrating shopping experiences where I would drive to one of the limited maternity stores yet still came home empty handed, or worse, with clothing that didn’t actually fit.
Towards the end of my pregnancy, after visiting a not-so-local boutique on a business trip, I found what I had been looking for. I was SO excited because the clothes I found also had nursing access, which would extend the amount of time I was able to wear them allowing me to get more use out of my investment. Before this, I had no idea that you could get maternity clothing with nursing access.
Once I had my daughter, I also experienced a rough shopping trip with a newborn in tow. That's when I took to the internet and learned about the joys of online shopping. I have never looked back.
After having gone through my pregnancy and postpartum period, I realized that I couldn't be the only mom who struggled to find comfortable, flattering and high-quality maternity clothes. That's when I decided to open this online and pop-up store.
I can’t wait to help you find clothes that fit your shopping criteria as well!
Fun Facts About Me:
- I studied fine art at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University, but don’t ask me to draw or paint you a picture.
- When I write, I hold the pen between my index and middle finger. I started writing like when I was a kid because my sister did it and I wanted to be just like her.
- I grew up on a small farm and would have to water the cows in the barn after school.
- Skydiving was the most terrifying experience of my life. Now I get sweaty palms and my heart races anytime I fly and look out the window, or during birds-eye-view and look-over-a-cliff movie scenes.
- I sported a mushroom haircut for a period of time in the early 90s. Thanks mom.
- I wish that I liked reading books more than I really do. Instead, I listen to audiobooks in the car.
- I started this shop while on maternity leave and will be running it as a side hustle when I go back in January.
- I always have snacks hidden in my desk drawer at work. The most important one is instant coffee or tea bags, because.. you know, life.
- I cannot seem to keep my car clean no matter how hard I try.
- I love hiking and outdoor adventures. I once had to take a 30-minute break on a hiking trail because there was a moose eating and blocking the way.